With vaccines on the horizon, Record Store Day organizers around the world look forward to the future, but recognize that in 2021, the world’s biggest record store party needs some adjustments to make it as successful for as many participating indie record shops as possible.
RSD Drops will take place at participating record stores, globally, on Saturday June 12 and Saturday July 17.
Throughout the past year, record stores have found creative, flexible and inventive ways to keep serving the music lovers in their communities. However, the ongoing worldwide pandemic makes it impossible to predict the status of many stores and locations around the globe in the next few months. This brings with it many unexpected side effects, including production and distribution issues that continue to disrupt record store supply chains.
The decision to once again shift the “Record Store Day energy” across 2 dates allows the largest number of stores to participate around the world.
The latest up to date list is available to download from the official Record Store Day website. Order deadline for suppliers are already with us, so please urgently e-mail your wish list of titles to email@example.com. The deadline for requests for both dates is Wednesday 28th April.
Sending a wish list in to us does not guarantee that we will stock a title (but we do endeavour to) nor that any copy is reserved for you.
We will publish a list of what we have in store a day or two prior to each Drop. We do not publish this earlier as we want to ensure that we receive everything we ask for and that all copies are received in good condition.
We are not permitted to reserve a product for customers so you will need to visit us on Record Store day to purchase your product.
We are bound by the Record Store Day code of conduct which prohibits us from reserving the product for customers or allowing customers to pre-order product. Record Store Day is about the occasion and visiting the store is part of the enjoyment so our best advice is get up early and check with us in advance that they have your product.
The Drop Days
We will open the store at 8 a.m. (TBC) for RSD purchases. We will operate a queue with social distancing in place. Please note the following:
- Please ONLY queue at the Park Street / Obelisk Way doors of the shopping centre
- If you queue at any other door, you will be at the back of the queue
- The doors of the centre at Park Street / Obelisk Way will open at around 7.30 am and from there we will form the queue in the empty unit opposite the store from 7.30 a.m.
- You MUST maintain social distancing AND wear a face covering at ALL TIMES in the shopping centre AND the store
- If you refuse to wear a mask without good reason (i.e. the UK Government list of exceptions), we will not be able to serve you
- Please bring a list of what you’d like to help us pick your order
- We will call you into the store one by one
- You must use the hand sanitiser on entry
- Card payments only; no cash
- Standard RSD rules apply (no reservations, max one copy per title)
Please also be aware that (as per the Loyalty Card T&Cs), we will not be able to redeem completed cards for RSD purchases nor stamp any cards on RSD purchases.