We have collated together a number of sections of important information to assist you with your purchase & hopefully answer any questions you may have.
- Opening Hours, Where To Find Us & How To Contact Us
- Stock availability
- Dispatch times
- Postage & delivery
- Collect from store
- Payment Options
- Clothing Size Guide
- History Of The Rock Box
First of all, it may seem obvious but all goods are subject to availability.
You will therefore only be able to order goods that are ‘available’. This means that they are either currently in stock, are due to be released or are (to the best of our knowledge) available to order from the supplier.
Please be aware that not everything listed on the website is physically in stock in the shop.
There are some things to take note of:
- Release dates are subject to change
- US imports in particular can take a while to re-stock if they sell out, so bear with us while we work to get them back in
- The website isn’t currently able to reflect ‘live’ stock levels and sometimes items will sell out in the shop
- In some cases, record labels delete an item and, despite our best efforts, we may not be able to source everything on the website. Your order will ship without it and we will refund you for the item
Despite all of that, we promise to keep you informed of the status of your order and particular titles within as best as we can. If your order is urgent, please give us a call or email us and we will let you know estimated lead times.
If all of the items in your order are in stock, we endeavour to pick and pack as quickly as we can. Under pre-lockdown (or “normal”) circumstances, we would usually dispatch in stock orders within 24 hours.
However due to the unprecedented demand (which we truly appreciate) as well as the limitations on staffing due to social distancing, things are taking longer than usual. Please bear with us.
For all transit times, the time starts once the item has been picked, packed and handed over to Royal Mail.
We attempt to dispatch pre-ordered items for UK delivery on the day of release. This is possible in the vast majority of cases – however it’s dependent upon suppliers getting stock to us in good time & the caveat above.
We have worked hard to come up with the cheapest & fairest way of calculating postage. Getting it right is a very tricky business but our goal is to keep our postage costs as low as is feasibly possible whilst maintaining a quality service.
Your postage will be automatically calculated as you add items to your basket. Each item has been assigned a weight and allows for appropriate packing materials. Your basket will be weighed as you add items to it & the postage will then be calculated accordingly.
Unfortunately, Royal Mail have recently increased prices across their UK and International products. As a result of this, we have had to increase our postage prices for the first time in a number of years.
UK (including the Channel Islands & the Isle of Man) Destinations:
We have changed the service for UK deliveries to offer only Royal Mail’s Tracked 24 and Tracked 48 products. For a small increase over the revised prices for Royal Mail 24 & 48, these Tracked products provide improved service and give the following benefits:
- Tracked through to delivery
- SMS or email notifications to recipients
- Royal Mail aim to deliver in two to three working days+ (Tracked 48)
- Option to change delivery options before a delivery is attempted
For a guaranteed delivery, you can also select Special Delivery Next Day Guaranteed by 1pm*+ as a service option.
+ Royal Mail’s transit times for Tracked 24 & 48 are not guaranteed. Please see Royal Mail’s information for the latest updates to the guarantee time for the Special Delivery product. As of 6th October 2020, the 1 pm Guarantee is pushed back to 4 pm.
* Not available to Channel Islands.
We strongly recommend selecting a tracked service for international orders (where it is available) to ensure that there is visibility of your purchase. Airmail capacity to non-European destinations is severely restricted & standard airmail products are seeing long delays. For certain international countries we will only offer a tracked service due to large numbers of missing packages.
However, if you have any further questions, feel free to email us at [email protected].
Please note that pre-order items will be treated differently to all normal stock items. All pre-orders will be charged for individually, regardless of their release date & treated as individual shipments.
You cannot mix pre-orders with other product types.
Unfortunately, the system occasionally allows pre-orders to be combined in one basket. If that’s the case, you may wish to check out individually. If an order is combined with different release dates, we will contact you with the option to either hold the order until all pre-orders have arrived or provide updated postage charges to send individually.
Collect From Store
You can also chose to save on postage and collect from our store in Camberley by selecting “Collect From Store” at checkout. This service is free.
Once you have received an email that your order is available to collect, you can simply come in store to collect. Please do not come in to collect an item until you have received information that your order is ready.
Click & Collect orders marked “shipped” between 19th December 2020 & 10th April 2021 are available from the customer service desk in the shopping centre.
You can pay for your order in a number of ways.
- Record Tokens: you can use your record tokens on the website. Enter these first in the section for National Book Tokens*
- Please ensure that the tokens have been accepted before paying any balance by another means.
- Please keep a note of the Record Token number until we have dispatched your order. This is so we can process any refund should it be necessary.
- * We are aware that are intermittent issues with the part of the website controlled by National Book Tokens which means that the tokens payment section is not always loading. If that is the case, we have a manual workaround. Please follow the instructions here.
- Credit / Debit Card: You can pay using your credit or debit card through our secure payment provider (Retail Merchant Services / Elavon Merchant Services).
- We do not have access to your card details.
- BACS: You can also pay by bank transfer. Our TSB bank details are:
- Account Name: Rock Box Records Limited
- Sort Code: 77-72-67
- Account Number: 00016432
- Reference: please use the order number
Returns are handled as per our Terms & Conditions (paragraph 14) & you should read these in full, but in summary:
- If you wish to return goods to us for any reason, please contact us at [email protected] with your order number and advise that you wish to return and the reason why
- If we agree to the return, we will provide you a Returns Authorisation (RA) number for the item(s) in question
- We utilise Royal Mail Tracked Returns® 48 for returns and will send you a link to process the labels
- With the exception of damaged items, the cost to return goods are yours & we will deduct the cost of the return from any refund due
- You maintain responsibility / ownership of the goods until they are received back in store & items returned should be fit for resale (for example, undamaged and / or unopened)
- Do not send anything back which is not approved. We will not refund you for anything else sent!
- The original postage cost is non-refundable
If you have any questions, please ensure you talk to us before sending anything back.
We use Trustpilot to gather reviews & feedback to our service. However, like many organisations – big & small – mistakes do happen or things simply don’t go as smoothly as any of us would like. We’d be grateful that if something isn’t right, you give us an opportunity to put it right before providing feedback.
Thank you for your support & patience
Each order you make, no matter the size, helps our small independent business and we are truly appreciate it. Please continue support the “High Street” and our friends in Independent Venues. #LetTheMusicPlay