With ongoing restrictions caused by COVID-19, we thought that we’d post some general updates and FAQs to try and answer some of the questions which we are getting asked. We will update as & when required.
Last Update: 13th September 2020
Revised Opening Times
Having decided to close our physical store on Saturday 21st March prior to lockdown, we are now open 5 days a week but with shorter hours than prior to lockdown. These hours are being evaluated on a weekly basis.
We are currently open:
- Tuesday: 11 am to 2 pm
- Wednesday & Thursday: 11 am to 3 pm
- Friday & Saturday: 11 am to 4 pm
- We are CLOSED on Sundays & Mondays
We expect to reopen on Sundays in mid-October.
However, we may leave the doors open a bit longer if it’s busy (you may want to call before making a special trip if you will arrive after the published closing time).
We will limit the number of customers in store to 8 and are using an online slot booking system for 15 minute “browse & buy” slots.
However, pre-booking is not required and walk-ins will be allowed if there is space after bookings. The idea is to mitigate the need to stand in a queue.
Like other retail stores, we will be asking customers to adhere to (pretty standard) rules in store.
- Please do not enter the store if:
- you (or any member of your household) are suffering from any COVID symptoms or have tested positive for COVID
- you (or any member of your household) have been instructed to self-isolate
- you have been alerted by NHS Test & Trace as having come into contact with someone with COVID
- You must use the hand sanitiser on entry to the store and before browsing
- if you are wearing gloves, you must sanitise them or wear a fresh pair
- You must wear a face mask / covering (its is now a legal requirement) unless you are exempt – please alert our staff if you are not wearing something to indicate you are exempt to avoid any embarrassment as we will ask
- Please maintain a 2 m social distance at all times to other customers & our staff
- Please observe signage & floor markings (including staff only areas)
In addition, please note that wherever possible, we will be a cashless store. Please pay by card / contactless / Apple Pay / Google Pay.
Please keep an eye on social media and this page for updates to opening hours.
Can I Collect From Your Store?
The “Collect From Store” option on the website is available again. Once you have received an email that your order is available to collect, you can either book a “click & collect” slot via the online system or simply come in store to collect. Please do not come in to collect an item (or book a slot) until you have received information that your order is ready.
How Can We Contact You?
Due to social distancing, we are currently operating the store with fewer staff than pre-lockdown.
Wherever possible, please email us at email@example.com or message us via Facebook Messenger.
We are really sorry, but we are not always able to answer the phone & keep up with voicemails. Please only call or leave a voicemail if you cannot send an email or contact us via social media or your enquiry is very urgent.
Do You Have Everything In Stock which Is Listed On Your Website?
Unfortunately not. We cannot physically hold each & every title listed. When you add an item to your basket, it may show as “On Backorder”. This means that we need to order it in from a supplier. In some cases, record labels delete an item and despite our best efforts, we may not be able to source everything on the website.
We promise to keep you informed of the status of your order and particular titles within as best as we can. If your order is urgent, please give us a call or email us and we will let you know estimated lead times.
How Quickly Will I Receive My Order?
This will depend on a number of factors.
- If it is in stock we will endeavour to pick and pack as quickly as we can. Under pre-lockdown (or normal) circumstances, we would usually dispatch in stock orders within 24 hours. However due to the unprecedented demand (which is great) and the limitations on staffing due to social distancing, there are delays and it is taking longer than usual.
- Please note that we are not picking and packing when we are closed (Sunday & Monday)
- If it is on back-order, we are reliant on the item being in stock at the supplier & how quickly they are able to send to us. We order at least once a week from most of our suppliers but a few suppliers less so.
- The majority of our orders are sent using Royal Mail. For a quicker transit time within the UK, you can select to upgrade your order to First Class or Special Delivery Guaranteed (please see Royal Mail section below to check the current service status for their products).
Royal Mail publishes regular service updates for the UK here and for international destinations here. Specific Coronavirus updates are published here. Despite improvements to the service, there are still instances of mail taking significantly longer than pre-COVID.
All of our suppliers are operational. However, they are working with reduced staffing which is causing some delays in the processing of our orders and the receipt in store.
Warner Music is currently undertaking a rebrand of it’s Warner Brothers Records label to Warner Records (Warner Music Group is no longer a part of WarnerMedia which owns rights to Warner Bros name & logo) so any title with the old WB logo and / or Warner Bros on the sleeve / label is being changed. This is causing some delays in the restocking of certain titles. Sadly, we have no visibility of what is being rebranded and when.
Distributor Change: Ignition / Sour Mash (Noel Gallagher, Courteeners) is changing from Warner distribution to The Orchard. The stock has now arrived in the UK but some titles regrettably are still out of stock.
We use Trustpilot to gather reviews & feedback to our service. However, like many organisations – big & small – mistakes do happen or things simply don’t go as smoothly as any of us would like. We’d be grateful that if something isn’t right, you give us an opportunity to put it right before giving us a 1 star review and / or writing negative comments.
Thank you for your support & patience
The support you give to a small independent “bricks and mortar” retailer such as ourselves is truly appreciated. Each order you make, no matter the size, help us to continue as a business.