With restrictions caused by the Coronavirus outbreak, we thought that we’d post some general updates and FAQs to try and answer some of the questions which we are getting asked. We will update as & when required.
Last Update: 26th July 2020
Revised Opening Times
Having decided to close our physical store on Saturday 21st March prior to lockdown, we are now open 5 days a week but with shorter hours than prior to lockdown. These hours are being evaluated on a weekly basis.
We are currently open:
- Wednesday – Friday: 11 am to 3 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 11 am to 4 pm
- We are CLOSED on Mondays & Tuesdays
However, we may leave the doors open a bit longer if it’s busy (you may want to call before making a special trip if you will arrive after the published closing time).
We will limit the number of customers in store to 8 and are using an online slot booking system for 15 minute “browse & buy” slots.
Pre-booking is not required and walk-ins will be allowed if there is space after bookings. The idea is to mitigate the need to stand in a queue.
Like other retail stores, we will be asking customers to adhere to (pretty standard) rules in store.
- Please do not enter the store if:
- you (or any member of your household) are suffering from any COVID symptoms or have tested positive for COVID
- you (or any member of your household) have been instructed to self-isolate
- you have been alerted by NHS Test & Trace as having come into contact with someone with COVID
- You must use the hand sanitiser on entry to the store and before browsing
- if you are wearing gloves, you must sanitise them or wear a fresh pair
- You must wear a face mask / covering (its is now a legal requirement)
- Please maintain a 2m social distance at all times to other customers & our staff
- Please observe signage & floor markings (including staff only areas)
In addition, please note that wherever possible, we will be a cashless store. Please pay by card / contactless / Apple Pay / Google Pay.
Please keep an eye on social media and this page for updates to opening hours.
Can I Collect From Your Store?
The “Collect From Store” option on the website is available again. Once you have received an email that your order is available to collect, please book a “click & collect” slot via the online system. The “click & collect” slots will be 15 minutes duration & will also allow browsing in store. Please do not book a slot until you have received information that your order is ready.
How Can We Contact You?
We are currently operating with skeleton staff.
Wherever possible, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us via Facebook Messenger.
We are really sorry, but we are struggling to answer the phone & keep up with voicemails. The phone is no longer diverting to a mobile but there is an in store answerphone in operation. Please only call or leave a voicemail if you cannot send an email or contact us via social media or your enquiry is very urgent.
Do You Have Everything In Stock which Is Listed On Your Website?
Unfortunately not. We cannot physically hold each & every title listed. When you add an item to your basket, it may show as “On Backorder”. This means that we need to order it in from a supplier.
However, whilst we have endeavoured to keep the online stock holding up to date, with only one member of staff in the store, we are aware that the accuracy is currently not as good as we’d like.
Therefore, certain items which are listed as available may have sold and conversely those which are listed as on backorder may actually be in stock.
We promise to keep you informed of the status of your order and particular titles within as best as we can. Please do contact us if you need further information.
How Quickly Will I Receive My Order?
This will depend on a number of factors.
- If it is in stock we will endeavour to pick and pack as quickly as we can. Under normal circumstances, we usually dispatch in stock orders within 24 hours but we are receiving unprecedented demand and there are some delays due to the staffing restrictions.
- Please note that we are not picking and packing when we are closed (Monday & Tuesday)
- If it is on back-order, we are reliant on the item being in stock at the supplier & how quickly they are able to send to us. We order at least once a week from most of our suppliers but a few suppliers less so.
- The majority of our orders are sent using Royal Mail. For a quicker transit time within the UK, you can select to upgrade your order to First Class or Special Delivery Guaranteed (please see Royal Mail section below to check the current service status for their products).
Royal Mail publishes regular service updates for the UK here and for international destinations here. Specific Coronavirus updates are published here. Despite improvements to the service over the last few weeks, there are still instances of mail taking significantly longer than pre-COVID.
All of our suppliers are operational. However, they are working with reduced staffing which is causing some delays in the processing of our orders and the receipt in store.
Warner Music is currently undertaking a rebrand of it’s Warner Brothers Records label to Warner Records (Warner Music Group is no longer a part of WarnerMedia which owns rights to Warner Bros name & logo) so any title with the old WB logo and / or Warner Bros on the sleeve / label is being changed. This is causing some delays in the restocking of certain titles. Sadly, we have no visibility of what is being rebranded and when.
Distributor Change: Ignition / Sour Mash (Noel Gallagher, Courteeners) is changing from Warner distribution to The Orchard. Most, if not all, titles are currently out of stock while stock is moved from the Warner warehouse in France to a warehouse in the UK. We do not yet have a date when this will be available so please be patient as there will be some delays.
Thank you for your support & patience
The support you give to a small independent “bricks and mortar” retailer such as ourselves is truly appreciated. Each order you make, no matter the size, help us to continue as a business. We look forward to welcoming you back in store soon.